Monday, June 18, 2012

Snippets from Guangzhou

Pictures from my latest Guangzhou trip. I actually like to travel there when the weather is cooler. But I travel there mainly for work, so not much of a choice. This time we stayed along the Pearl Bank River, which flashes colors of the rainbow at night. The Pearl Bank River looks dull and inspired by day though. 


One of my favorite places to visit whenever I am in Guangzhou, would be Jusco, the Japanese supermarket. It gets awfully crowded in the evenings and during weekends. 


Lychee and peaches! 


In recent visits, we have always returned to this eating placed called 百回味茶餐厅, usually for tea breaks. The prices at this eatery isn't exactly cheap, it's along the lines of Singapore food court prices, which in Guangzhou, is not exactly cheap. The cost of living in Guangzhou has risen considerably in recent years. From 2.30pm to 5pm, they have tea time specials. I usually order the french toast and iced milk tea set, which costs RMB22, which is slightly over SGD4. My brother usually orders the Macau Pork Bun, which costs the same. How can a french toast and a pork bun be priced the same, I don't know haha. Another reason why I like to come here is for the free WIFI. Free WIFI is always good whenever one is abroad!




Another place where I usually go to eat is Cafe de Coral. They don't have the most fantastic food, prices aren't really cheap as well, but then again, they have free WIFI. Sometimes, I just go there to escape the heat and utilize the free WIFI! The outlet at Haizhu Square is on the 2nd level and has full glass windows, so sometimes I like to go there and just sit by the window and watch the world go by.



They recently added a new mango pomelo drink. LOVE!


I ordered this bowl wanton noodles one night while waiting for my brother.
I absolutely hate it that they don't have decent chili there.


Mystery ingredient in my drink.


Sometimes, it's nice to go there later in the night when it's quiet.


Peace and quiet is somewhat of a rarity in the bustling city.
I like to enjoy it when I can!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Template by Best Web Hosting