Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Thye Hong Casual Cafe Steamboat Hotpot

Met my dear friend Kristen for dinner yesterday. We initially were thinking of finding a place inside of Bugis Junction for dinner. It was raining yesterday and we decided it was perfect to go have steamboat!

We went over Liang Seah Street to look for a place to have steamboat! Where else, haha. I usually eat steamboat at Xian De Lai 鲜得来or to the one facing Shaw Towers. Kristen said she usually has steamboat at this place called Thye Hong, so I decided to give this place a try! It was $17 nett for dinner, inclusive of drinks (lime juice/barley) and fruits. Pretty good price I would say. We were there pretty early, about 6.30pm and the place was still quite empty. By 7.30pm, most of the tables had been occupied by diners.  Sorry if the pictures are a little subpar as they were taken by my blackberry.

Food's pretty neatly laid out. Mostly standard steamboat fare.
Condiments. My combo is chilli padi + chopped garlic + soya sauce.
So what's your steamboat secret sauce combo?
Do you see instant noodles? Does anyone really eat that?
Looking at the pictures, I think I didn't eat a wide variety of stuff.
I just kept taking the same items over and over. 
Like the cooked food below. I didn't even try.
I like to eat cooked dishes with rice.
And when I go for steamboats, no rice for me please!
I load up on seafood, beef and golden mushrooms.
And that's about it. Haha.
I heard the staff tell another customer that this was black pepper chicken.
This is erm... fried chicken?
I'm guessing tofu with dried chilli for this!
Scallops! I did not take these. WHY???
Crabs. Oh yeah. I had these. They're the small type but they were fresh.
This were the first items I grabbed. The crab sticks were like faux snow crab.
Much nicer that the usual crab sticks. I made Kristen try some and she liked it!
The fruit tray. Erm, I didn't eat any fruits also. Oops.

Just in case you are thinking of trying this place out, the address is 32 Liang Seah Street. For 17 bucks, it was a pretty decent meal. And no need to spend extra money on drinks too. Maybe I should go back again soon!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Template by Best Web Hosting